Monday 1 June 2009

Isle of Wight Zoo


Last week during my half term I went to the local zoo in Sandown, Isle of Wight. The zoo is known for its range of tigers of all different colourations. When I went there were 3 different types; the tabby tiger, the Indian tiger and the white tiger. The Indian being the most common and the tabby being the rarest, there only being 60 in the world.
I also saw a very cute spider monkey that was 8 months old. It looked very tiny and was really cheeky, stealing the other monkeys grapes. It was interesting to watch the monkeys swinging about in their enclosure, but I think they would have been better with a lot more room!
Finally I saw some lemurs. They were all sunbathing with their arms spread out which looked very funny. They also seemed to enjoy cleaning each others faces, making it look like they were kissing.
I had a very enjoyable day, but wish that some of the enclosures were a bit bigger. There is some development going on in the zoo, so soon there will be more room for some of the tigers.
I took lots of pictures during the day, those of which you can find on my Facebook profile here.

1 comment:

Alison Arif said...

Sounds like you had a fun day :)